Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sneak Peek Ta-Dah Moment






A bit of a sneak peek at my second blanket in 4 months, I am so excited and proud of myself for sticking to finishing one project, before jumping into another. It hasn't been without a challenge to do so as there are so many beautiful patterns available, and a very huge thank you to those who create them. I still have the I-Cord edging to add, not sure if I want it to stand out or blend in different yet not real noticeable. It really needs the edging due to the light weight wool, and of course, the garter stitch (which I love) that stretches. It was done in Paton's Classic Wool, gray mix, mercury, and aran.  I like this wool it's soft and not itchy only thing it has to be hand washed, no dryer either. I usually spot clean, hang on the line on a windy summer day to freshen. All in all I am happy with the outcome. Tonight the I-Cord edging will be added. I can't wait to see it! What are you currently making with yarn?

I popped back in as today I am a bit sad...and really need to express what's bothering me. I have spoken before about blogging what I wanted to do...and I find what seems to be bothering me the most is the lack of interest in people who stop by not commenting. I suppose on here I was hoping to find fellow friends, some in the same position empty nesters, or creating with yarn. Yet it seems most of the blogs that get comments are like the big business that run in the United States. All the mom and pop shops are gone or if they are still alive barely getting by...what has happened I think sometimes and at the same time I know. Yes, there are millions of blogs and those trying to make money, yet that's not my main goal, as I said, I thought I might meet a few fellow female or male knitters, creators. I do appreciate those in my circle don't get me wrong, I just feel like on blog land I am more of the minority then the majority kind of like clicks in high school. What is happening that people can't get back to being more compassionate or considerate. I don't know maybe us the baby boomers are the last to say hello to people, or for that even say excuse me, when we walk in front of someone. I was out shopping yesterday speaking to a man who said the exact same thing. Another baby boomer not understanding this United States me, me, me attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to meet you! Thank you for taking time to add your thoughts and opinions. Have a wonderful day.